Sunday, August 22, 2010

how how how..??

Being engaged and in love to this wonderful person is the greatest thing that happened to me. Actually, up until now I still can't believe that I am engaged to Daniel, but I am and I am so happy that I am. For many years I'm wondering whether I'll be able to get married, so.....no more wondering, the answer is clearly visible now.

For now, the wed bell wouldn't be ringing in this time around. Maybe it'll ring next year. Some of them said that it's not good to hold on too long which I totally agree. Age factor is one of the reason, but, I haven't pass my targeted age of marriage yet so it's still ok for me (D is ok too, in fact he had set a bit older age to settle down...hmmph and yet he's younger than me but only for a couple of months).

We both are hoping that we could tie the knot as early as possible. Hopefully we can get through with the money matters. Urghh...where can we get all those $$$ in such a short time? Great enough that we both don't have savings purposely for the big day. Plus, we are not so sure whether we will be applying loan only for this purpose. I do hope that, God gives us ways to settle this. I am pretty sure there will be.

A friend of mine shared her wedding experience. Believe it or not, a wedding can be very costly. My bro's wedding experienced the same thing either. O gosh, now I wish that money can be grown on trees...hmmm. But I think there are ways to make an affordable Wedding Day. The idea is, just make it simple yet memorable.

Here is some tips I googled on the net: http://www.ehow.com/how_2116188_plan-low-budget-wedding.html

I think this is very useful. I was thinking of applying some of the tips given, such as:
  • If you are creative/artistic you may want to consider making certain things yourself. Invitations, wedding veils, centerpieces, jewelery can all be crafted at home. If you know someone else, who is invited to the wedding, who is creative you may want to ask them to make items for you as your wedding present.
hmm...good idea. I was thinking of doing the invitation card by myself...and plus, I have some friends whom are creative enough to help me with other DIY-possible items. ^__^

I also like this one:
  • Research your social networks. For example, if you have worked in a restaurant/catering service or know anyone that owns or works in one you may be able to get a discount on food or they may know another good restaurant/catering service that is with in your budget
Or to put it in a nicer way, help them to promote their stuffs by introducing them. At the same time, d.i.s.c.o.u.n.t.

Fuh..at least I have some ideas. I also have asked some friends for tips, especially in purchasing and serving the beers which I believed, most of the $$ will be spent on these alcoholic things. The tips they gave are very useful because they have experienced it. I may utilize their tips.

Planning a wedding..never knew it could be this hard. Hoping for the best! Ganbatte, Daniel & Clare!!!

1 comment:

gunturina said...

Clare,

Sy pun tfkir ni smua, simple but memorable..then invitation card & door gift sy akan buat sndri..

Jemputan pun sy akan limit & strictly no alcohols!

Sy xmo bazir duit, better the money sy buat loan rumah.. :)

Ada idea kain share2 k..