Wednesday, July 14, 2010

theory vs practice

Today, went to a bengkel organised by PPD Ppg, chaired by my teenhood physic teacher. It was a fruitful bengkel as we were exposed on the techniques in getting marks for Science SPM Paper 2 which we will indeed share this to our students, and we also were exposed on how to check student's answer. Our penceramah was a teacher from my secondary school, hmm dunia begitu kecil ni di Ppg..hehehe... Woah, all this while I thought Science SPM was just like the pure science subjects, and there goes my misconception. Science SPM was meant for average achiever (ooo baru sy tau...) because all the best students have enrolled to the pure science class(es). The questions, even in SPM Level must not be damn hard because it has to cater all the average and weak students, this was what I've told so. Also, the way of marking the paper must not be too strict. Students can answer in BM (and it will be in BM in 2 years time), and, can campur2 the bahasa some more. We were like "huh?". All this while we were begaya saja mau pangkah2 when we can actually give marks to those apparently acceptable answers. Kweng2x. "Doesn't care if BM and BI mixed up in a sentence as long as the message gets across" said the penceramah. Hmm, now we know..but this is applicable to Science SPM I believe, for the pure science students, mind your sentences/spellings boys and girls.

That is why I need this kind of course so that it'l help me a bit in my teaching. I was actually floating helplessly in the Science Panel because this is the first year of me teaching science (SPM lagi tu..nasib juga form 4) and I knew nothing. I sometimes questioned my 4 years of studying in Uni because outside at the working frenzy, I knew nothing!!! All the theory is nothing if it's not applied into practice, right?

I am so so glad I was being called to attend such bengkel. It does gave me a lot of input.

I feel tired with all the pending tasks, but I feel UPLIFTED to do better in my teaching.

Ganbatte ME ...pq

No comments: