Saturday, April 10, 2010

I miss being a student

Thus, the Saturday will bid it's farewell in a short while.

Attended Score A seminar today, as a chaperon for 50 Form 3 students. I didn't stayed till the end. I only attended 1 slot which was, Bahasa Melayu paper whereby the GC (guru cemerlang) gave tips and techniques on answering the paper.

As I was following the slot, I realized it has been a long time since I stop learning BM. Then I realized HOW BAD my tatabahasa is. From the slot, I just learnt some facts like:

PAWAGAM is actually an acronym which stands for : PAnggung WAyang GAMbar. (adidih baru sy tau).

CIKGU is also an acronym for enCIK GUru. (doi...) According to the teacher, the word 'encik' was being used to addressed people whom are of the higher society. Cikgu was among them. Those days people will adressed teachers as 'Encik Guru' and it was shorten to CIKGU soon afterwards. Ini pun saya baru tahu..kurang membaca. :-P

There are a lot of misused of bahasa which people, and I myself, wasn't aware of. BM is not as easy as it looks.
Common mistakes such as,
"Kereta ini saya telah pakai selama 5 tahun". WRONG!! You don't wear a car, you drive/drove it. Supposed to be "Kereta ini saya telah pandu selama 5 tahun". People (including me) are oblivious about these mistakes, yang penting it sounded OKAY then it should be correct.
COMMON MISTAKE made by most of PMR candidates. I maybe one of 'em some time ago, nasib2 ja kali dapat ok in BM :-P.

After following the slot, I realized that I miss being a student and BM was really one of my fav subject back then.

Life goes on.



No comments: