
(my girls and boys)
Although this is late...I am still gonna wish myself "WELCOME HOME..."
In this post, I'm gonna talk about the 'assignment' assigned for me by PKKOKUM which was chaperoning 18 students whom will attending the camp at SMK Limbanak. Originally, this task was assigned to Connie Wong but she transfered to another school, so I was more to 'taking over' her job. Surprisingly, it will be held 4 days and 3 nights. I was awestruck upon learning the daysss and nightsss will that be. I had no other choice except for following the order from the 'boss'. Although deep down my heart I wanna reject it but yah it's all because of no other choices.
I wasn't really into the newly assigned job. In addition, we had a week break for raya to I wasn't really managing the students wholeheartedly. Luckily, it all had been well arranged by respective PPD . The logistic and lodge had been arranged and all I have to do was only escorting my 'dear' 17 students to the base camp (smk Limbanak). They went by bus while I drove there (rational: so that I can escape sometimes during the camp) hehe...
As expected, I felt somehow alienated at first. Nobody knew me and so do I. I only knew some people. During the 1st day, I felt stressed cos I felt reluctant actually to go camping for 4days. Thankfully, I endured the day with the help from Aniel. He was there to comfort me, to crack jokes, to listen to my whinings. Thanks dear..you are so thoughtful. After that, things went on smoothly. I stick to my plan on 'flying' back home to claim my 1st class bath and dinner then after a while, I went back again to camp base. I made some friends at the beginning, *friend yg satu kepala* and I'm glad I was able to make some friends despite the shy side of myself are taking over the mind and action. The 1st night, we slept in camp, and in the middle of the night, it rained. When it rained, I was so worried sick about the possibility that we could be blown away by the strong wind. It felt uncomfortable sleeping on the camp surface, I felt my body stiff at certain position and whenever changes in position are being done, it was really painful. Aiyoh...that was really challenging.
On the 2nd day, the students had 3 activities and they were obstacle route, co-operative games and flying fox. I was involve with the obstacle games and it does forced me to work under the sun which resulting the unwanted tan of my skin. HuHu. But, I enjoyed the activities because I can see that the students had joy in their face before and after fulfilling every tasks. As usual, I went home at free times to pamper myself. ALso, the 2nd night, the rain poured heavily and during the afternoon before came the strong wind which destroyed lots of camps. This unfortunate weather change forced all the campers to sleep away from their camp and they slept at nearby surau. The teachers on the other hand had to find the own sleeping place. I myself, went back home cos the wind was strong and I've had negative thinking on me on that night.
The next day, we all had LAWATAN session to 3 places : Yayasan Sabah, Museum and Lok Kawi Wildlife park. Again, the weather was not on our side as it rained heavily when we reached Lok Kawi. Good thing is, the rain doesn't stop the campers spirit so wander around the zoo and we all went in the zoo to explore in the rain. Luckily, I brought my umbrella with me. At night, they had a Cultural Night whereby the performed various traditional dances. I enjoyed the show cos I am really into that sort of thing. At the end, all the teachers were invited to dance the Joget and the Sumazau. It was FUN!
The Final day, was merely meant for the closing ceremony. I didn't joined the Khidmat Masyarakat cos I went to church nearby. Nothing much to say about the Final day except the fact that the camp has come to an end and I'm glad I made it through 4 days and 3 nights (specifically 1 night only for me...hihihi)
Overall, the camp was nice. I got to meet my former primary school teacher whom happened to be the Camp Commandant and he still remembers me after so long. That's great. Well, I don't think I am going to escort another team of campers cos camping is not my thing but I do admit that I enjoyed the camp, although not 100% but at least 99%.
_clare_
No comments:
Post a Comment